PlayTube 1.5 Bugs  

RSS

Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
January 13, 2019 9:53 pm  

If you are having issues with PlayTube v1.5 please post in here and I will try to be of assistance. I had some issues I had to fix (and still fixing) on my development server. Also if there are any modifications I have created, bare with me as I will be migrating them as I migrate Vigeos.net.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
January 13, 2019 9:56 pm  

Known issues I am having

• Non SEO links do not work.
  • YouPlay Theme larger than viewport
  • Sub categories
  • SEO links strip quotes but leave them in links (issue since 1.4.3)

YouPlay Theme larger than viewport fix: 

Always On Hamburger Menu
In themes/youplay/css/style.css

Change line 1545

@media (max-width: 1251px) {

to

@media (max-width: 999999px) {

This will force the mobile menu across the whole site. More of a band-aid, which I prefer this look anyway. Will work on only having the sidebar only on homepage similar to other services.

This post was modified 1 month  ago 5 times by Disquy

vntube liked
ReplyQuote
vntube
(@vntube)
Trusted Member
January 22, 2019 1:48 am  

Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version now? Is there anything special compared to the old version?

ReplyQuote
mr_gabor
(@mr_gabor)
January 22, 2019 12:18 pm  

Hi disquy,

top service  - so you mod your view-count and dead-video scripts to work with 1.5.1 playtube ?

thanks

mr g

ReplyQuote
Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
January 22, 2019 1:07 pm  
Posted by: mr_gabor

Hi disquy,

top service  - so you mod your view-count and dead-video scripts to work with 1.5.1 playtube ?

thanks

mr g

I don't see any changes to the database structures for videos that could effect it off hand, but I haven't dug too far into it yet. I am working on upgrading vigeos.net, but until I transfer all of my modifications over to the new update, I won't know 100%.

Posted by: vntube

Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest version now? Is there anything special compared to the old version?

Twitch support is the reason I have finally decided to upgrade. I'll have all of my modifications ported soon, but the update broke a lot of my customizations and I have to reconfigure categories. Once it's up and going, you'll see more modifications from me.

ReplyQuote
vntube
(@vntube)
Trusted Member
January 24, 2019 1:48 am  

When I access your site, I log in then your menu is broken on the mobile .Did you upgrade to the latest version? Looks like the page load has improved a lot

ReplyQuote
Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
January 26, 2019 6:49 am  

When I access your site, I log in then your menu is broken on the mobile .Did you upgrade to the latest version? Looks like the page load has improved a lot

I still haven't finished porting my modifications. It's been pissing me off, because something they added broke my custom links, and I am having trouble porting that modification. You can see my progress here

https://vigeos.necessities.store

In regards to the menu, try clearing your cache, because it's working for me.

ReplyQuote
vntube
(@vntube)
Trusted Member
January 27, 2019 12:35 am  

I have viewed your page, my resemblance, my home page disappeared from the categories they had, only Displays categories: Trending , Top Videos and Latest Videos … the others are all gone from the home page

This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by vntube
This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by Disquy

ReplyQuote
Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
February 3, 2019 9:22 pm  

I've finally figured out some issues with v1.5.1. I now have migrated www.vigeos.net to v1.5.1. I still need to add my previous modifications, but once I do, I'll start focusing on creating additional modifications.

The issue with categories is they are now stored in the database, so if you created any you would have to migrate those categories to the database.

Other than that, any modifications that I discover need updating on 1.5.1 I will keep you posted.

I have viewed your page, my resemblance, my home page disappeared from the categories they had, only Displays categories: Trending , Top Videos and Latest Videos … the others are all gone from the home page

This happened in the v1.5.1 update, it worked properly in v1.5. I'll compare the differences, but I actually kinda like it only showing the trending, top, and latest only as the page loads quicker vs having all of my categories.

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago 2 times by Disquy

ReplyQuote
Disquy
(@disquy)
Member Admin
February 20, 2019 2:10 am  

Sorry, been slammed at work, forgot to provide the fix:

Find in /sources/home/content.php
$db->where('category_id', "'".$cat_key."'");

Replace with:
$db->where('category_id', "{$cat_key}");

ReplyQuote
Share: